Download PDF Version
Location: Location 50 Merton Street, Toronto
*Remote work arrangement temporarily due to COVID-19
Girl Guides of Canada–Guides du Canada (GGC) empowers every girl in Guiding to discover herself
and be everything she wants to be. In Guiding, girls from 5-17 meet with girls their own age in a safe,
inclusive space to explore what matters to them. GGC is where girls take the lead, put their ideas into action and jump into awesome activities – all with the support of volunteer Guiders who are committed to positively impacting their lives. We strive to ensure that girls and women from all walks of life, identities and lived experiences feel a sense of belonging and can fully participate.
GGC is actively searching for a Database Report Writer (6-month contract).
The Database Report Writer will work with the Database Reporting Analyst and Database Administrator to implement SSRS based reports and web based dashboards as we transition from a legacy information system to a modern web based system with a new data structure. This is a key role in this transition with many hundreds of legacy Access and SQL queries and reports that need to be re-evaluated and reimplemented in the most appropriate way. You will create relevant, tailored dashboards, reports and queries to suit different roles. You will work closely with other data specialists including our Member Growth Analyst, Association Management System Specialist, Association Management System Analyst as well as 3rd party Association Management System resources in support of the organisations strategic goals.
PRIMARY DUTIES INCLUDE
- Designing and creating reports and dashboards based on analysis of business requirements and existing legacy solutions.
- Providing input to supervisor on effort and need for all reporting requests to determine if more work should be expended and what priority it should have.
- Creating, analyzing and training staff on data system reports.
- Providing training and technical support of staff for all created reports, queries and dashboards.
- Supporting projects and initiatives with data and reporting aspects
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- A degree with emphasis on SQL reporting and data analysis and work-related experience within a report creation and data analysis environment and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Proven experience designing, developing and maintaining SSRS reports within a Visual Studio environment
- Understanding of T-SQL queries and stored procedure development
- The ability to create stored procedures with efficient queries to quickly retrieve data
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, be highly organized, ability to set priorities, motivated and remain flexible under pressure.
- The ability to analyze data, tell the story and make recommendations. Able to understand the connection to “the bigger picture”, i.e. how data translates into operational processes and the member experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Access
- Working knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio
- Excellent communication skills and be comfortable, professional and efficient with all methods of communication (email, Skype/Teams, phone).
- The ability to communicate technical information to non-technical team members in a way that is easy to understand.
- Passion for non-profit work.
- Must be self-motivated and comfortable working independently on tasks
- Experience with iMIS Association management system or other membership management system
- Experience with data warehousing systems and tools
- Experience in a membership organisation such as the Girl Guides of Canada, Scouts, etc.
- Experience working with volunteers
Does this sound like you? Then apply today!
Submit a cover letter and resume (as one file) with salary expectations via email to:
Leisa McKenzie – Employee Experience Business Partner
Girl Guides of Canada – Guides du Canada
This position will be posted until filled and interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.
Upon request, Girl Guides of Canada-Guides du Canada will make available reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities during the recruitment process. Accommodation requests should be made in advance to People & Culture.
We thank all candidates for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.