Girl members of Girl Guides of Canada (GGC), Ontario Council are eligible to be considered for financial assistance, both for Guiding program registration and Ontario Council Camping programs.
Membership Subsidy - Girl Registration Fee Subsidy Program
The Girl Registration Fee Subsidy program helps families needing financial assistance to register their daughter(s) with Girl Guides of Canada, Ontario Council. Families are required to pay a minimum of $75 for each girl registering; the remaining $100 is eligible to be considered for subsidy.
How to Apply:
Application for fee subsidy is completed through the online girl membership registration system.
Confirmation of the approved subsidy amount is provided on the payment screen as you register. A family discount for third and subsequent registrations will be applied automatically. To complete the registration(s), you will be asked to pay the balance owing and will receive an email confirming the process is complete.
Unable to Apply Online?
Fee subsidies are also available for families unable to use the online registration system. For more information, contact email@example.com
or call 1-877-323-4545 ext. 2489.
Camping Subsidy (Campership)
Campership is a camping subsidy fund which can provide financial assistance to current girl members of Girl Guides of Canada, Ontario Council. There are three different campership funds available for camping programs:
Girl members are eligible to apply for subsidy from every type of campership fund. Receipt of subsidy from one campership fund does not affect a camper’s eligibility to receive subsidy from another fund.
- Unit Campership: available for unit overnight camping
- Event Campership: available for an overnight camping event or a Guiding day camp. Event Campership may be available for, but is not limited to:
- Summer Overnight Camp Campership: available for our Ontario Camps Association (OCA) accredited Provincial Summer Overnight Camps' programs
- Camperships may not meet all financial needs and it is the responsibility of the parent/guardian to pay all camp fee costs in excess of the benefits available from the campership program(s).
- All campership applications will be processed on an ongoing basis, on a first-come, first-served basis, as long as funds are available. Our campership funds are limited.
- Assistance is applied to the camp fee only. Taxes, special equipment, transportation (including busing) or kit list items are not included in the calculation of assistance.
- Camperships are based on the Guiding year, which is September 1st to August 31st.
- Camperships are only for girls that are full, current members in good standing of Girl Guides of Canada, Ontario Council. Girls who are part of our organization through the “Try Now, Join Later” program are not eligible for campership.
- The camp/event must be offered at Girl Guides of Canada owned/leased camps in Ontario
- Exception for Unit and Event camps: Camping experiences for girl members in units in Community 34 (Sudbury and north or west of Sudbury ONLY), 35 and 36 held at Ontario Guide owned/leased camps or locations providing similar amenities and programming opportunities as an Ontario Girl Guide camp property will be eligible for camperships. This would include locations such as provincial parks, church camps or community facilities. This does not include overnights at facilities such as Science North or Old Fort William.
The maximum amount of subsidy is 50% of the full camp fee as set by the Responsible Guider of the camp, to a maximum of $150 per Guiding year for a total maximum of five nights.
Example: Kim is registered in a Guide unit for the current Guiding year. She is attending a weekend camp with her unit and is applying for Campership.
✓ Kim's Guardian has filled out the Unit Campership Application Form and given it to the Responsible Guider
✓ The Responsible Guider approved and submitted the Unit Campership Application Form with the Unit
Campership Request for Payment form to their Unit Administrator
✓ Kim’s application for Campership has been approved for 50% in funding
✰ Kim will receive $40.00 in Event Campership for her upcoming camp.
|Fall Unit Camp
||50% Campership = $40.00
The amount available is 50% of the application fee to a maximum of $150 per Guiding year and to a maximum of five days (in Guiding year).
Example: Natasha is registered in a Brownie unit for the current Guiding year. She is applying to a 5 day camping program advertised on the Events Calendar.
✓ Natasha’s Mom has submitted her camp application and indicated that she wants to apply for Campership
✓ Mom has paid the deposit payment.
✓ Natasha’s application for Campership has been approved for 50% in funding.
✰ Natasha will receive $150.00 in Event Campership for her upcoming camp.
Summer Overnight Campership:
|Events Calendar Camp Program
||50% Campership = $175.00
The maximum amount of funding available per girl member is 75% of the camp fee or to a maximum of $350 per week of their chosen program session each Guiding year. Each girl member will be eligible for a subsidy for a maximum of one summer camp program session* per Guiding year. The length of the program session is defined by the descriptions on our Summer Overnight Camping web pages
*For girls participating in a session that is less than four nights, they would be eligible for two sessions to a maximum of six nights’ total.
Example: Jessica is registered in a Pathfinder unit for the current Guiding year. She is applying to Doe Lake to attend 3 programs this summer:
||Total Cost (pre-HST)
||Total Deposit Payment
|*the prices listed serve as examples only and are not necessarily reflective of the actual program cost
✓ Jessica’s Dad has submitted her Campership form along with the Summer Camp Application.
✓ Dad has paid the $150.00 deposit payment.
✓ Jessica’s application for Campership has been approved for 75% in funding.
✰ Campership is always applied to a camper’s most expensive program. Therefore, Jessica will receive $350.00 in Campership for this summer.
||75% Campership = $521.25
- Unit Guiders process the application based on parent/guardian input. Camperships are based on need as described by the family on the application. The Unit Guider approves and submits the Unit Campership Application Form (Parent/Guider) with the Unit Campership Request for Payment Form (Guider).
- Applications must be received by the Unit Administrator at least four weeks prior to the start date of the camp to allow time for processing. Applications submitted later than four weeks prior to the camp start date will be processed, however subsidy monies may not be received prior to the event.
Summer Overnight Camp Campership:
- Event Campership information and applications are available under each qualifying camping event listed on the Event Calendar or, if it's a provincially sponsored program, under the camp online application form.
- On the Event Calendar, there are two kinds of event registration forms:
- Forms completed by the Unit Guider: If a Unit Guider registers girl members for an event, the Unit Guider can apply for campership on behalf of the girl(s) when filling out the event registration form. Our office will notify the Guider within one week if the girl member received Event Campership. The Guider will then notify the family.
- Forms completed by the parent/guardian: If a parent/guardian registers a girl member for an event, they can apply for campership while filling out the event registration form. Our office will notify the parent/guardian within one week if the girl member received Event Campership.
- For provincially sponsored programs, applications must be received a minimum of 14 days prior to the start of the event.
No application will be considered once the camper has arrived at camp.